Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Want to know how to gain all knowledge and understanding.

I have always enjoyed reading and learning from other peoples knowledge and understanding. I have always felt that this is a positive trait of mine that. I have always believed that this makes me smarter and more rounded and gives me a better life. I also have always believed that it increases my spiritual connection with God, UNTIL NOW1!

Several years ago I read these wise words by Albert Einstein.

"Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking."

I thought I somewhat beleived it and also thought that I somewhat understood it. UNTIL NOW!

It's obvious that Einstein could not read anyone elses work to increase his knowledge, because he was one of the greatest physical minds alive. He had to obtain his knowledge from another source than books.

So, what source does all knowledge come from and contains more truth than books?

the bible is full of verses such as "Christ in whome are hid all treasures of winsdom and knowledge." Col 2:3

the Book of Mormon states "...Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge, and also power according to my faith..." Alma 18:19

President David O. McKay of the Mormon church said "In our worship there are two elements: One is the spiritual communion arising from our own meditation; the other,
instruction from others. . . . Of the two, the more profitable . . . is the meditation. Meditation is one of the most secret, most sacred doors through which we
pass into the presence of the Lord.


Jack Canfield said that of all the principals that make you successful meditation is the most important one.

So along these lines Earnest Holmes , founder of Religious Science mvement, was talking about the best philopophy's in the world and he said "by what process of mentality did they arrive at their profound conclusions? We are all compelled to recognize that Spirit alone was their Teacher; they were indeed taught of God."

So today I was sitting in my small mobile office that I call work and I was reading and I had this thought that was a summation of all the above thoughts.

All knowledge comes from God. God knows all things. God gives us knowledge through his spirit to our spirit. God can teach us all things and bring all things to our rememberance. God knows more than any book I can read. God's knowledge is more true than any book I can read.


So how much would it profit me to read God's knowledge instead of man's attempt to record what he thinks God's knowledge is? Would it be better for me to get my knowledge straight from the source of all life????

If I put away all my books that I love so much, and instead of getting my learning from man I spent my time in meditation and spirit would God teach me all things? Would he teach me in pure unfiltered knowledge?

I beleive that the answer to this question has to be yes. Once I decided that God will be my teacher, and once I submit to his truth, and once I follow him with all my heart, and once I dedicate my learning time to him. I beleive that he would teach me any subject from math to spirit, to sound investments.

Why would he not?

Is this what Einstine was talking about? Does there really come a point when we have enough knowledge to go to the source (God) and ask him to contnue our instruction and learning?

Meditate on this for a while and see how you feel.

My 2 stumbling blocks will be;
1) I love reading my books for many reasons and it will be hard to put them down.

2) actually dedicating time to meditate instead of other activities.

If I decided to remove these obsticals from my life, knowledge of all just may be in the near future.

No comments: